Friday, October 24, 2008

Now That's What I Call a long time

○○○○○
BLIMEY! The Now That's What I Call Music! series is nearly as old as me - and this year it celebrates a quarter-century of compilations.
To mark this milestone, like most 25-year-olds, it's decided to throw a party - captured on the three-CD collection of hits through the ages that is Now That's What I Call Music! 25 Years.
And what a collection it is - from Phil Collins and UB40, who both appeared on Now That's What I Call Music! volume one, through Diana Ross and Micheal Jackson and Take That and Oasis to contemporary chart-hogs such as Rihanna and Sugababes.
You may turn your nose up at such a pantheon of polished pop, but listening through it's undeniable that, love it or hate it -
A) you will know nearly all the words to all these songs, and...
B) these CDs would be great at a party.
Now that's what I call full marks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Something to say? Leave a comment below, no swearing please, or head across to the forum, Sound Off, at http://soundoff.forumotion.com


● All blog posts published on this site are owned by myself, Isaac Ashe, and may not be reproduced without written permission. You have no right to copy.