Saturday, June 20, 2009

Future sounds

○○○○○

PROPER readers of this blog, I mean the hardest hard core of Isaac Ashe's Sound Advisees, will know of my love for Welsh punk supergroup Future Of The Left.
They will know that I had gushingly blogged about their debut album Curses less than 24 hours after this blog's very creation - where I described their sound as "meatier than a pig eating steaks".
Therefore I'm happy to report to my legions of fans - and my casual readers as well, of course - that the group's sophomore album Travels With Myself And Another is here, and it doesn't disappoint.
Actually, despite my undying love for Curses, the new LP marks a real progression for the band.
The trademarks of their first album are here - the thumping basslines and full-throttle guitars, but with an added sheen.
But the major difference is where before the group, made up of former Mclusky and Jarcrew members, sang solely of wierdness - pretty pussies called Colin and elves dining on sausages for example - there's salient points behind a lot of this work.
For example, on single The Hope That House Built they sing "there's a reason for incredible wealth - incredible luck" and "God is just a mental illness", before emploring the listener to join their hopeless cause.
I don't know about you, but I'm in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Something to say? Leave a comment below, no swearing please, or head across to the forum, Sound Off, at http://soundoff.forumotion.com


● All blog posts published on this site are owned by myself, Isaac Ashe, and may not be reproduced without written permission. You have no right to copy.