Sunday, June 21, 2009

Gossip get tongues wagging

○○○○●

AHEAD of this review, I must inform you that I've never been a massive fan of The Gossip - but I have to say this album is worth talking about.
My initial impression of the group, when they broke back in 2006 with their third album Standing In The Way Of Control, was they were a poor man's Yeah Yeah Yeahs.
I thought they even looked a bit like Karen O and co, albeit standing in a hall of mirrors.
But Music For Men, with the production assistance of the legend that is Rick Rubin, sees the group winning over even me.
A tight showing from the trio, their disco garage rock sound has been fine tuned here - with a controlled performance from Beth Ditto and no slack from the backing band.
The form shown on Music For Men should ensue that The Gossip remain the talk of the town.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Something to say? Leave a comment below, no swearing please, or head across to the forum, Sound Off, at http://soundoff.forumotion.com


● All blog posts published on this site are owned by myself, Isaac Ashe, and may not be reproduced without written permission. You have no right to copy.