Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Isis is the biz

○○○○○

MY RECENT appeal for Albums Of The Year 2009 to date - which I posted here, on the Sound Off forum and on the Facebook page - saw double figures of recommendations for me to try and work through.
Mastodon, White Lies, Gallows, Wolves In The Throne Room, IAMX, Marilyn Manson, the list went on and on.
I'm still listening through the suggestions posted, but I just had to thank Sound Off member Oakenthrone for bringing Wavering Radiant by Isis to my attention.
The album, the group's fifth studio outing, is a post-metal masterpiece that was originally released in April this year.
With more than a hint of Tool, the group work their way through a slow-burning collection of mesmeric metal tracks that are subtle and hypnotic rather than heavy and confrontational.
It's an engrossing, cerebral experience that'll drag you back for repeated listens - in fact, don't expect me to work through the rest of your recommendations any time soon, I've got Wavering Radiant on heavy rotation right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Something to say? Leave a comment below, no swearing please, or head across to the forum, Sound Off, at http://soundoff.forumotion.com


● All blog posts published on this site are owned by myself, Isaac Ashe, and may not be reproduced without written permission. You have no right to copy.