Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Half time report - Albums Of The Year 2009 so far

TODAY is halfway through 2009 - my hasn't time flown - so I thought the time was right for a recap.
Because, on average, around half of my Albums Of The Year 2009 should have been released by now.
But however much as I'd like to be some sort of omniscient music resource, I'll wager a lot of damn good albums have already passed me by this year.
So here's my plea - if I seem to have missed any releases you really think I should have covered by now, drop me a comment below or visit the Sound Off forum and let me know your favourites so far.
For your reference, here is a list of my five-out-of-five-rated releases from January through to the end of June -

...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead - The Century Of Self
Beyond The Wizard's Sleeve - Re-Animations Volume One
Bronx - Bronx III
Daby Toure And Skip McDonald - Call My Name
Daniel Merriweather - Love And War
Decemberists - Hazards Of Love
DJ Food - One Man's Weird Is Another Man's World
Empire Of The Sun - Walking On A Dream
Fighting With Wire - Man Vs Monster
Fink - Sort Of Revolution
Frightened Rabbit - Liver! Lung! FR!
Future Of The Left - Travels With Myself And Another
Grammatics - Grammatics
Grizzly Bear - Veckatimest
Jo Webb And The Dirty Hands - Acrobat
Kasabian - West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum
Killswitch Engage - Killswitch Engage
Marmaduke Duke - Duke Pandemonium
Mulatu Astatke And Heliocentrics - Inspiration Information
Prodigy - Invaders Must Die
Qemists - Join The Q
Spokes - People Like People Like You
Wave Pictures - If You Leave It Alone
We Were Promised Jetpacks - These Four Walls
Yppah - They Know What Ghost Know

No comments:

Post a Comment

Something to say? Leave a comment below, no swearing please, or head across to the forum, Sound Off, at http://soundoff.forumotion.com


● All blog posts published on this site are owned by myself, Isaac Ashe, and may not be reproduced without written permission. You have no right to copy.