Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Rabbiting on

○○○○○

WHEN Frightened Rabbit's breakthrough album The Midnight Organ Fight was released last year, I must admit it passed me by a bit.
I did enjoy the album on the few spins I gave it, but it never took hold - so I was glad that this acoustic album, Liver! Lung! FR!, gave me the opportunity to revisit it.
And in the live setting of The Captain's Rest in Glasgow, the Selkirk rockers are given room for their compositions to breath, and take on an epic quality.
With the same Scottish drawl that serves Roddy Woomble so well on his folky forays over some cleverly crafted indie rock nuggets, this album is a compelling listen - dare I say it, even more so than the original.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Something to say? Leave a comment below, no swearing please, or head across to the forum, Sound Off, at http://soundoff.forumotion.com


● All blog posts published on this site are owned by myself, Isaac Ashe, and may not be reproduced without written permission. You have no right to copy.