Saturday, March 28, 2009

Cook half-baked

○○●●●

AS I pointed out in my recent review of Kelly Clarkson's All I Ever Wanted, I simply do not know what we're going to do with all these American Idols.
David Cook, winner of series seven of the show, releases yet another slick collection of inoffensive pop tracks, this time in an AOR style, on Monday.
And I just can't summon up the strength to find any way to appreciate his self-titled album on any level.
I am apathetic to the driving Nickelback-lite guitar anthems on show.
I am disinterested in his honey-dipped gravel tones, or the fact that credible artists including Our Lady Peace's Raine Maida have lined up to help out on David Cook.
I don't even flinch when told he had released an album prior to winning the reality TV show.
He may be infinitely better than wet blankets like Leon Jackson - who the UK actually voted for - but as Jackson is already waiting in the dole queue in the UK less than two years after winning The X-Factor, then why should we let Cook and co into the charts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Something to say? Leave a comment below, no swearing please, or head across to the forum, Sound Off, at http://soundoff.forumotion.com


● All blog posts published on this site are owned by myself, Isaac Ashe, and may not be reproduced without written permission. You have no right to copy.