Sunday, May 24, 2009

Grizz me quick

○○○○○

YOU know when somebody falls into the first flushes of love, and they become a doe-eyed idiot - that's me with Veckatimest.
I keep droning on and on to disinterested people about how great Grizzly Bear's fourth album is.
I keep pining for it when I'm not listening to it.
I spend my days staring at the cover art and sighing.
I've written "Isaac 4 Veckatimest" all over the front of my reporter's notebook.
The music, described as psychedelic folk, is a glorious mixture of Fleet Foxes' baroque folk pop and Battles' math rock.
Veckatimest, named after a Massachusetts island, is a dense, complex collection - in fact on your first listen, you'll probably think you don't see what all the fuss is about.
On the second listen you'll think something along the lines of: "Actually, this is alright."
And third time around, you'll be a doe-eyed idiot too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Something to say? Leave a comment below, no swearing please, or head across to the forum, Sound Off, at http://soundoff.forumotion.com


● All blog posts published on this site are owned by myself, Isaac Ashe, and may not be reproduced without written permission. You have no right to copy.