Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Baying for Hudson

ONE artist who I've been impatiently waiting for new stuff from is Mr Hudson, whose debut album with The Library, A Tale Of Two Cities, was one of my Albums Of The Year 2007.
He resurfaced last year in a collaboration with Kanye West on his album 808s And Heartbreaks, and it seems that working with the rap superstar has heavily influenced his new work.
Minus The Library, Mr Hudson's new single, Supernova - a sparse hip hop track that swells with emotion by its close - is now upon us.
It took me by surprise knowing his piano-based origins, but it's quickly lodged itself in my brain, and I simply can't wait for the full LP, Straight No Chaser, later this year.
And if you want to hear a snippet for yourself, there's a free mix mp3 of some of the tracks available here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Something to say? Leave a comment below, no swearing please, or head across to the forum, Sound Off, at http://soundoff.forumotion.com


● All blog posts published on this site are owned by myself, Isaac Ashe, and may not be reproduced without written permission. You have no right to copy.