Monday, May 18, 2009

Sunhouse brightened up my day

○○○○○

AFTER more than a year of blogging on about albums I think everyone should listen to and thinking up thirty-plus additions of my own, tonight I've had a taste of my own Classic Collection medicine.
Because I put out a plea for recommendations on the Isaac Ashe's Sound Advice Facebook site, and I wasn't disappointed.
Now I'd never heard of it before, but I was urged to listen to Sunhouse's sole album, Crazy On The Weekend.
"You'll love it!" I was assured.
And I did.
An acoustic album designed for the morning after the night before, the Nottingham band brought to my mind Mancunian indie rockers Doves and Elbow.
In fact, it's mad that the 1998 album Crazy On The Weekend proved to be the group's only effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Something to say? Leave a comment below, no swearing please, or head across to the forum, Sound Off, at http://soundoff.forumotion.com


● All blog posts published on this site are owned by myself, Isaac Ashe, and may not be reproduced without written permission. You have no right to copy.