Friday, March 27, 2009

Not my stop

○○●●●

EACH and every track on Metro Station's self-titled debut makes me feel old.
Very old.
The whippersnappers have concocted an Iglu & Hartly-style synth pop act that instead reworks the pop punk and emo outpourings of bands like Blink 182 and Panic! At The Disco.
With puppy dog eyes and asymmetrical lip piercings, the group sing about first loves and teenage kicks over slick, simple electronica.
It's a surefire hit, and both Shake It and Seventeen Forever have chart-topper all over them - but I just can't empathise with a band that sing lyrics like "whoa-e oh-e oh oh, I wish we were older".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Something to say? Leave a comment below, no swearing please, or head across to the forum, Sound Off, at http://soundoff.forumotion.com


● All blog posts published on this site are owned by myself, Isaac Ashe, and may not be reproduced without written permission. You have no right to copy.