Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I'm against Gay Against You

○○●●●

I NEED structure in my life.
I make lists.
I make lists of the lists I have compiled.
For that reason, the anarchic computer abuse that is Gay Against You is just not for me.
The eclectic eccentric electro punk duo's second album, Righteous Signals, Sour Dudes, is a constantly clashing landscape of wildly differing sounds running into one another.
It's no surprise to hear that band members Lachlann Rattray and Joseph Howe don't really get on - making them perhaps the only band in the entire history of bands to form over "artistic differences".
The other day, while looking for my The Best Of The Jackson Five CD, a teetering stack of albums taller than me on tippy-toes fell onto my head.
And listening to the Glaswegians' LP I'm reminded of that sickening moment once again.
Because if you're after the musical sensation of finding fragments of a lifetime's music in a muddled, broken heap, this is it.

2 comments:

  1. what makes you think they don't get on?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything I've read about them. Obviously I don't know them, I don't think they'd hang out with two-bit hacks from Ashby-de-la-Zouch, but even their PR people say they don't get on like a house on fire - http://www.s2a.org.uk/dpo/gay-against-you/

    ReplyDelete

Something to say? Leave a comment below, no swearing please, or head across to the forum, Sound Off, at http://soundoff.forumotion.com


● All blog posts published on this site are owned by myself, Isaac Ashe, and may not be reproduced without written permission. You have no right to copy.