Friday, July 17, 2009

Sparks fails to ignite

○○●●●

I MUST point out first that I've made my feelings on American Idols abundantly clear previously, here and here.
That in mind, I really tried to give Battlefield a fair crack of the whip - but sadly Jordin Sparks failed to spark a change in my opinion.
Sparks straddles a line between being a 'big' singer, doling out a emotional ballads a la Mariah Carey or Leona Lewis, but there's also a fair amount of dancefloor diva too, competing with the likes of Rihanna and Ciara.
And when these two combine - such as on the majestic Battlefield or Let It Rain - Sparks is on fire, it's just sadly not balanced right on most tracks.
So while Sparks may have won several battles over my prejudice here, for me Battlefield is a failed campaign.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Something to say? Leave a comment below, no swearing please, or head across to the forum, Sound Off, at http://soundoff.forumotion.com


● All blog posts published on this site are owned by myself, Isaac Ashe, and may not be reproduced without written permission. You have no right to copy.