Friday, June 05, 2009

Umm?

○○○●●

I'VE not got a bad word to say about Raissa Khan-Panni, the driving force behind The Mummers.
Her voice, the outstanding factor in Tale To Tell, the group's debut album, is distinctive in its gorgeous, other-worldly quality, sounding like a playful young Bjork.
And I can find no fault in the shimmering dreamscape of showtune-cum-orchestral movement-cum-pop laced with horns and flutes that's been crafted to hold it.
I want to like this complex, swirling concoction, I really do.
I just don't all that much.
Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Something to say? Leave a comment below, no swearing please, or head across to the forum, Sound Off, at http://soundoff.forumotion.com


● All blog posts published on this site are owned by myself, Isaac Ashe, and may not be reproduced without written permission. You have no right to copy.