Friday, January 09, 2009

It's armless

○○○○○

BRISTOL'S Phantom Limb released their eponymous debut album under the radar of most people - including myself - last August.
Having heard the beautiful single Don't Say I Word, I was on pins and needles for the album's release, but it passed me by until I finally laid hands on a copy this week.
Luckily, I wasn't disappointed.
Phantom Limb is a collection of poignant lo-fi country-tinged tracks laced with soulful vocals from singer Yolanda Quarty - who is tipped to feature heavily on the forthcoming Massive Attack record LP5.
A sumptuous record, if you don't get the opportunity to listen you should feel like you're missing something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Something to say? Leave a comment below, no swearing please, or head across to the forum, Sound Off, at http://soundoff.forumotion.com


● All blog posts published on this site are owned by myself, Isaac Ashe, and may not be reproduced without written permission. You have no right to copy.