Friday, April 02, 2010

Avett or leave it

○○○●●

A LOT of comparisons have been drawn between The Avett Brothers and Kings Of Leon, so I was a little taken aback when I popped the I And Love And You on.
Sure, they're both hirsute southern American family-based groups, but there the similarities end.
Where the Followills are all pulsating groins and fist fights, pretenders to the throne The Avett Brothers are all tinkling pianos and soulful country rock tinged with gospel.
And with double figures of LPs and EPs behind them and Rick Rubin at the helm, I And Love And You is obviously going to be accomplished, and although never twee it's all very lovely and well worth a few spins.
But for me, it's not nearly sexy enough or on fire enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Something to say? Leave a comment below, no swearing please, or head across to the forum, Sound Off, at http://soundoff.forumotion.com


● All blog posts published on this site are owned by myself, Isaac Ashe, and may not be reproduced without written permission. You have no right to copy.