Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Maia-be, Maia-be not

○○○●●

WRITING a review of Maia Sharp's Echo is one of the hardest I've had to pen for this blog - and not because it's the first I've attempted since the birth of my new baby girl.
Even listening to the LP while grouchy, knee-deep in nappies and with bleary eyes, the Sheryl Crow-esque LP has few faults - Sharp's vocals are crisp and distinctive, her songwriting is clever, the production is excellent.
On paper, it's great.
But on reflection, Echo is just too safe and too middle of the road to excite me - I don't know why, but Sharp doesn't cut it in practice.

1 comment:

Something to say? Leave a comment below, no swearing please, or head across to the forum, Sound Off, at http://soundoff.forumotion.com


● All blog posts published on this site are owned by myself, Isaac Ashe, and may not be reproduced without written permission. You have no right to copy.