Monday, August 11, 2008

Sad day for Isaacs

RIP Isaac Hayes, the exceptional soul singer who died yesterday aged 65 - anyone who can carry off the nickname 'Shaft' so effortlessly is sure to be missed.
I urge you to take this as a spur to discover his back catalogue, if you're not yet familiar.
As an Isaac myself, the loss will be great, because, not having most run-of-the-mill name, the phrase "Isaac ...as in Hayes" was my explanation of choice.
Now, from the world of music, that just leaves me "Isaac ...as in that guy with the long face from Hanson."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Something to say? Leave a comment below, no swearing please, or head across to the forum, Sound Off, at http://soundoff.forumotion.com


● All blog posts published on this site are owned by myself, Isaac Ashe, and may not be reproduced without written permission. You have no right to copy.