Monday, April 13, 2009

Brevity is what?

○○○○●

I LIKE to listen to music in my car.
And working in Loughborough, around 40-45 minutes from my house in Ashby-de-la-Zouch, I can normally listen to a full album on the daily commute.
Now granted I am referring to Good Friday - so there was probably a little less traffic on the roads than usual - but I pressed play on Kris Menace's three-CD marathon debut Idiosycrasies as I left for work, and as I reached the Echo office the CD was in the dying throes of Jupiter, a mere track three on the album.
Up-and-coming electronic producer Kris Menace, no relation to Dennis The, is not a man to do things in a rush.
In fact, if you were to listen to this album start to finish it would take more than three hours from your day.
Aside from that gripe, Idiosyncrasies, which is made up of two CDs of original work and one of remixes, is still a worthwhile listen, made up of slow-growing, DJ-friendly electro and house tracks and some nifty remix work.
The likes of Soulwax, Erol Alkan, Pete Tong and Laurent Garnier are all already vocal supporters of Menace, and should you have the time to listen, I'm sure he'll grow on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Something to say? Leave a comment below, no swearing please, or head across to the forum, Sound Off, at http://soundoff.forumotion.com


● All blog posts published on this site are owned by myself, Isaac Ashe, and may not be reproduced without written permission. You have no right to copy.