Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Hijak your stereo

○○○○●

AN ALBUM that came to my attention recently, due to the band's connections to my home town of Ashby-de-la-Zouch, is BlackSheepMoneyBox, the latest from Hijak Oscar.
The self-released album, the second from the six-piece vudu blues band - don't ask me - came out earlier this month.
A collection of apocalyptic blues that's more Gomez than John Lee Hooker, this is an excellent LP from the group who first rose to fame on Channel 4's MobileAct Unsigned TV talent show.
There are only 200 physical copies of the album and they've all gone - luckily for me I own one - but the album can still be downloaded. Click here to find out more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Something to say? Leave a comment below, no swearing please, or head across to the forum, Sound Off, at http://soundoff.forumotion.com


● All blog posts published on this site are owned by myself, Isaac Ashe, and may not be reproduced without written permission. You have no right to copy.