Wednesday, March 26, 2008

A good question

○○○○●

ABSTRACT rapper Why?, real name Jonathan Wolf, is a man who poses many musical questions.
In the genre-defying Alopecia his lyrical flow, which lies halfway between rap and the ramblings of a madman, similar to Anticon labelmates like Doseone, is laid here over beats which veer more towards indie rock than hip hop.
And the lyrics themselves are almost surreal, and at times distressing - you really don't want to know what Why? claims to have witnessed two Germans up to.
Even the upbeat songs start with lyrics like "I sleep on my back as it's good for my spine and... coffin rehearsal".
Quite honestly, I have little or no idea what Alopecia is about, but I really want to listen over and over again to try and find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Something to say? Leave a comment below, no swearing please, or head across to the forum, Sound Off, at http://soundoff.forumotion.com


● All blog posts published on this site are owned by myself, Isaac Ashe, and may not be reproduced without written permission. You have no right to copy.