Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Twisted Tongue a tasty proposition

○○○○○

AS SOON as I put Twisted Tongue on, I was lost for words.
I'm not sure what I was expecting, some chart dance by numbers perhaps - but I was not expecting to hear the sheer funk brilliance that did emerge from my speakers.
Twisted Tongue is like the funkiest P-funk band you can imagine - now imagine the entire band are in fact robots, and you have what the group describe as 'nunk'.
Throughout the album the electro funk from TT & The Funky Mindbeam, NY Leroy, The Unspecified Sidekick, Father Gargantuan Trooper and Angelina (RIP) - real names Dave Jay and Mark Dalton - is fast-paced, laced with humour, fun, and funky as hell.
In fact, this LP is close to being the most fun you can have with a tongue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Something to say? Leave a comment below, no swearing please, or head across to the forum, Sound Off, at http://soundoff.forumotion.com


● All blog posts published on this site are owned by myself, Isaac Ashe, and may not be reproduced without written permission. You have no right to copy.