Saturday, February 07, 2009

JFK makes noise about tinnitus

TOP trance DJ JFK has teamed up with NHS Leicestershire County And Rutland to urge victims of tinnitus not to suffer in silence.
The dance legend from Loughborough, real name Jason Kinch, has suffered from tinnitus, a constant ringing in his ears, for nearly 20 years.
He believes he got his tinnitus - one of the most common health problems in the UK today, affecting almost one in 10 people - from playing in a Greek disco for five years.
He said: “I was one of the world’s top DJ’s. I was travelling all over the world to work, Australia, Europe, Russia, all the top Ibiza clubs in Spain - but the noise in my ears was driving me mad.
“My head was ringing. I couldn’t share what I was going through – because no one else could hear it.
“It got so bad that I couldn’t hear the television and I broke down to my wife in tears. I thought no one could help me. I felt I just couldn’t go on.”
That’s when JFK, now married with two young children, aged five and 10 months, sought help.
He said: “It never goes away, but I’ve learned to deal with it.
“It made me lose a lot of confidence. At one stage, I thought I was going deaf. But now I’m in control of it and I’ve learned how to live with it and got my life back.
“The worse thing was that I thought I was totally on my own. I thought no one else knew what I was going through. I felt totally isolated.”
National Tinnitus Week runs from February 9-15.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Something to say? Leave a comment below, no swearing please, or head across to the forum, Sound Off, at http://soundoff.forumotion.com


● All blog posts published on this site are owned by myself, Isaac Ashe, and may not be reproduced without written permission. You have no right to copy.