Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Wave Pictures take it easy

YOU may have heard bands complain about making that 'difficult' second album - but Wave Pictures frontman David Tattersall has spoken out about the ease of recording the band's new album, If You Leave It.
He said: "We recorded all 12 songs live in one big session, over a period of maybe 12 hours.
"There was a lot of drinking and we just wanted to keep playing songs.
"The next day we did a few overdubs. Then we left Berlin, and left the recordings in the hands of Clemence Freschard and Stanley Brinks.
"One day I woke up and Stanley had mailed me the finished album.
"One of the reasons I like this album so much is that it wasn’t hard work at all.
"I’m not sure that there is a single instance in the whole of my life where I can say that I benefited from hard work.
"But I can think of lots of examples where taking it easy was the right way to go, and this album would be one of those."
Following a smattering of UK live dates in March, the Wymeswold group plan to release their sophomore album on April 13.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Something to say? Leave a comment below, no swearing please, or head across to the forum, Sound Off, at http://soundoff.forumotion.com


● All blog posts published on this site are owned by myself, Isaac Ashe, and may not be reproduced without written permission. You have no right to copy.