Sunday, October 11, 2009

Brrr, it's The Blizzards

○○●●●

IRISH act The Blizzards are the latest in a flurry of pop rock acts which have snowballed in recent years.
And as a result, with no particular vendetta against any act in particular, all these Yeah Yous/The Hoosiers/Scouting For Girls/Hockey/The Feeling-type groups are increasingly likely to leave me cold.
The Blizzards, on paper, are a fair-to-middling band trying damn hard to make a decent record of Domino Effect, and I salute that.
But the extreme effort put into tracks like Trust Me I'm A Doctor and The Reason results in clinically-crafted but contrived radio rock, that ultimately leaves me drifting off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Something to say? Leave a comment below, no swearing please, or head across to the forum, Sound Off, at http://soundoff.forumotion.com


● All blog posts published on this site are owned by myself, Isaac Ashe, and may not be reproduced without written permission. You have no right to copy.