Saturday, October 17, 2009

A load of Whit

○○●●●

THE voice that launched a thousand X-Factor contestants that is Whitney Houston returns with a whole new studio album next week - her first since 2002.
And as obvious as it is to say it, with I Look To You, Houston, we have a problem.
The album starts off in an awesome fashion with Million Dollar Bill, which exudes old school cool and is reason enough for a comeback.
But as you could predict, it soon all turns to slush with wet ballads like I Look To You, and then cringeworthy make-out tracks like Worth It.
And who thought it would be good to match the vocal talent of Whitney with chipmunk-voiced rapper Akon on Like I Never Left?
So on the evidence of I Look To You, nowadays it's better to look elsewhere for your diva fix.

1 comment:

  1. Thank goodness that an opinion is only worth 2cents. I love ILTY, make out song and all, Worth it' is one of my fav tracks on the album and I wish Whitney all the success in the world. Welcome back 'The Voice' and claim your blessings.

    ReplyDelete

Something to say? Leave a comment below, no swearing please, or head across to the forum, Sound Off, at http://soundoff.forumotion.com


● All blog posts published on this site are owned by myself, Isaac Ashe, and may not be reproduced without written permission. You have no right to copy.