Saturday, April 05, 2008

Jools rules

I thought I should leave just a quick note, without my patent Sound Advice Reviewer's Hat on, to say congratulations to a small pianist.

Last night I caught a glimpse of the Neil Cowley Trio on Later... With Jools Holland, and I was thoroughly excited by the angular jazz wot I saw.
Now I must wait for a copy of their latest album, Loud Louder Stop, to wing its way to me in the post to hear more, but I anticipate great things.
In the past vertically-challenged music savant Jools has introduced me to some bloody brilliant stuff that I may never have heard otherwise - Acoustic Ladyland, Son Of Dave, Beirut, Ida Maria, Seasick Steve, the list goes on and on.
Although the chances of the great man himself actually reading this are slim, may I just take this opportunity to say "ta".
Ta.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Something to say? Leave a comment below, no swearing please, or head across to the forum, Sound Off, at http://soundoff.forumotion.com


● All blog posts published on this site are owned by myself, Isaac Ashe, and may not be reproduced without written permission. You have no right to copy.