Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Name game

EACH week in the Echo I compile a Gig Guide for the paper of bands and singers and suchlike plying their trades locally, and every now and again a band name crops up that makes me smile.
This week, Pigeon-Toed Orange Peel are playing at the Three Nuns in Loughborough on Saturday, April 19 - how the hell do you think up a name like that?!?
It's the best one I've heard since the Ministry Of Beaver came to town.
If you know of any great band names, funny or foul, clever or plain stupid, local or otherwise, I'd love to hear them - for the record, the bands I played in were called Asbestos Lung and FX-15.

1 comment:

  1. I also played in The Keys and The Lock And Post Project, while I think of it.

    ReplyDelete

Something to say? Leave a comment below, no swearing please, or head across to the forum, Sound Off, at http://soundoff.forumotion.com


● All blog posts published on this site are owned by myself, Isaac Ashe, and may not be reproduced without written permission. You have no right to copy.