Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Unrequited Manilow

○○●●●

THIS morning, Barry Manilow sang The Greatest Love Songs Of All Time to me.
In the car on the way to work, he crooned he would "Love Me Tender", he told me "I Only Have Eyes For You", gave me The Look Of Love and even somewhat cheekily suggested "You Made Me Love You" to me.
Like the old pro he is, he sang: "I'll love you 'til the poets run out of rhymes."
I didn't believe him.
It felt to me like he was just going through the motions, like a wedding singer showing off at a karaoke night.
So fear not, sweet Nicole, light of my life, if you're reading this - me and Manilow, it ain't gonna happen again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Something to say? Leave a comment below, no swearing please, or head across to the forum, Sound Off, at http://soundoff.forumotion.com


● All blog posts published on this site are owned by myself, Isaac Ashe, and may not be reproduced without written permission. You have no right to copy.