Thursday, July 01, 2010

Half time report - Albums Of The Year 2010 so far

TODAY is halfway through 2010 - my hasn't time flown - so I thought the time was right for a recap.
Because theoretically around half of my Albums Of The Year 2010 should have been released by now.
But however much as I'd like to be some sort of omniscient music resource, I'll wager a lot of damn good albums have already passed me by this year.
So here's my plea - if I seem to have missed any releases you really think I should have covered by now, drop me a comment below or visit the Sound Off forum and let me know your favourites so far.
For your reference, here is a list of my five-out-of-five-rated releases, minus EPs and compilations, from January through to the end of June -
Autechre - Oversteps
Bass Clef - May The Bridges I Burn Light The Way
Bonobo - Black Sands
Blockhead - The Music Scene
Castrovalva - We Are A Unit
Chemical Brothers - Further
Dan Le Sac vs Scroobius Pip - The Logic Of Chance
Dead Weather - Sea Of Cowards
Deftones - Diamond Eyes
Foals - Total Life Forever
Four Tet - There Is Love In You
Flying Lotus - Cosmogramma
Gonjasufi - A Sufi And A Killer
Gorillaz - Plastic Beach
Hesta Prynn - Can We Go Wrong
Jaga Jazzist - One-Armed Bandit
Jonsi - Go
Kvelertak - Kvelertak
Massive Attack - Heligoland
Owen Pallett - Heartland
Polar Bear - Peepers
Six Gallery - Breakthroughs In Modern Art
Sleepy Sun - Fever
These Monsters - Call Me Dragon
Tobacco - Maniac Meat
Trentemoller - The Great Wide Yonder
Valgeir Sigurdsson - Draumalandid
Whitefield Brothers - Earthology

No comments:

Post a Comment

Something to say? Leave a comment below, no swearing please, or head across to the forum, Sound Off, at http://soundoff.forumotion.com


● All blog posts published on this site are owned by myself, Isaac Ashe, and may not be reproduced without written permission. You have no right to copy.